Stay Connected This Summer
That’s what summer feels like doesn’t it? June, July, August – we pack it in while we can.
The nice weather brings weekends away, cabins, lakes, beaches, BBQ’s, family time, road trips, camping, water sports, baseball games, rooftop dining, parks, walks around the city lakes. I often think how nice it would be if summer were a few months longer so that the frenetic pace of getting everything in wasn’t so… frenetic
Here at LivingWaters we have a few ways to encourage you to stay connected with us and each other.
1. Breeze – have you heard of it? it is our on-line (secure) directory. Our staff and ministry leaders use it to connect with people and the general congregation can use it to meet and learn who people are and contact someone. There is basic info of people who attend LW and PICTURES! So this upcoming Sunday June 2 and the next June 9th we will have a photographer to take your picture for your profile on Breeze. There will also be people from the Communication team to help you log onto Breeze and make sure your information is correct. Please stop by and say cheese!
2. Wednesday BBQ’S – The whole church is invited to join us for an Intergenerational back yard BBQ & outdoor game night once a month over the summer. This is a relaxed time of roasting some hot dogs over an open fire and playing kick ball, frisbee golf, mini-golf, horse shoes, or just sit and connect over the bonfire. No need to sign up, just put it on your calendars and come! The dates are: June 26th, July 10th, & August 7th
3. Outreach BB at Cityview Church in Minneapolis. Cityview at located at 3041 4th Ave. S. We will come along side Cityview church in serving the broad spectrum of people groups in their neighborhood, including Somali’s, Muslims, Native Americans (Little Earth) and the Hispanic community. You can help by preparing, grilling and serving food for 100 people. Donating cookies/dessert bars, serve food, talk with people, pray and do a craft or game with the children. Carpooling is suggested. Meet at the Ministry Center 4:00 (set up group) and 5:00 (others). The dates are: June 19 – July 17 – August 21. Sign up on each date for that night
3. Youth Only – the youth of LW will have monthly activities: night games, camping, Valleyfair. They will also meet at the Etter’s home on most Sunday night’s for food, friends and prayer
4. VBS – This year’s theme is MISSION POSSIBLE. These are great nights for the kids full of games, music, fun food and Bible teaching time. It is also great time for adults and youth to invest in the kids. Help with games, food, set-up or tear down, music – lots to do! More details coming!
Of course we will always meet for the Worship Service at 10AM on Sunday’s.
Join us when you can for community, worship and the Word.
Grace-filled community, Growing in Christ, Glorifying God