This is what the LORD Almighty says: administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another
1. Vision of a Priest – this is the iniquity of the people – 5:6
- Evil & individual sin will be judged (5:1-4)
- Evil will be removed from God’s people (5:5-11)
- Flying two-sided scroll & a basket of wickedness
2. Vision of a King – a man whose name is the Branch – 6:12
(chapter 6 – a King for reigning in peace – peace for nations)
- Four chariots – judgement on the Gentile Nations (6:1-8)
- Priest-King installed as Ruler over all Nations (6:9-15)
3. Vision of a Community – justice, mercy & compassion 7:9
- Should we fast and/or feast in worship (7:1-7)?
- Are they “for me” (7:5) or “for yourselves” (7:6)?
- Will we listen to the world or the Word of God (7:8-14)?