Sign up to be a GUEST HERE
Sign up to HOST HERE
An all-church social – inter-generational – young, old, couples with or without kids, and singles. The fun part of the whole event is the host doesn’t know who is coming to dinner until the guests walk through the door. The guests won’t know whose home they are going to until the morning of the event.
If you choose to be a HOST:
- You open your home (the host determines how many guests he/she can comfortably accommodate)
- You provide the main course (should be tasty, not necessarily complicated). Menu ideas range from grilling out to a casserole or soup)
- You won’t know who’s coming to dinner until you greet each guest at your own front door
- The rest of the evening could be games (charades, Pictionary, etc.) or just “plain old conversation.”
If you choose to be a GUEST:
- You don’t know where you are going until the morning of the event. The dinner coordinator will let you know via email that morning where you will be going. She has already arranged the dinner placements and will keep that information a secret.
- Sh-sh-sh! When you receive your assignment, you must not share where you are going to dinner with anyone else, except your husband or wife. (One time we had a husband who didn’t even tell his wife where they were going that evening, thus heightening the intrigue!)
- Show up! Some guests will have volunteered to bring a side dish (green salad, dessert, or rolls and butter)