One With The Father – Pastor Scott
Because the year 2020 brought so much conflict and division, it is my resolve (2021 resolution) to make Jesus’ prayer for unity among His followers my main focus of commitment in prayer, personal study and preaching. I desire to seek the LORD, to “look to the LORD and His strength & seek His face always” (1 Chronicles 16:11) and to “seek first His kingdom and His righteousness” (Matthew 6:33). If you will join me in this pursuit of God and prayer of Jesus, then we will be one.
“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.” – John 17:20-26
This prayer of Jesus is filled with blessings (that they) and purpose (so that):
- That they may all be one (unity)
- That they may be in us (Father & Son)
- That they may be one (together) and perfectly one (wow)
- That they may be with me (Jesus), where I am (presence)
- That they may see my glory (the glory of the One & Only Son of God – Jesus)
- So that the world may believe (others coming to Jesus because of our unity)
- So that the world may know you sent me (others coming to know God’s saving grace)
- So that the world may know you loved them (others to know God’s love because of our love)
- So that the love which you have loved me may be in them (God’s Name & love made known)
As we seek the Lord individually and look to Him corporately we will be headed in the same direction (unity), experiencing the blessings & purposes of God in Jesus Christ, so let us resolve in 2021 to be seekers of His face always and in all ways.
“Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.” – Psalm 105:4