Bibliology: The Doctrine of the Bible
This course is expected to last for 10 weeks, from September 12 to December 5 (two weeks planned to not meet).
We will meet Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:15pm
Our study will include:
- Revelation – what it means regarding our Bibles
- The source of the Bible – where did it come from?
- Inspiration – what does it mean?
- Inerrancy – does the Bible contain errors?
- How was Scripture recorded?
- Is the Bible I hold in my hands the Word of God?
- Textual criticism – friend or foe?
- Illumination – understanding the Bible
- Is the Bible enough – are we missing something?
- Hermeneutics – studying the Bible
The instructor is Gene Dahmes
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Gene at email@example.com
There is no charge for this class; it is provided as a ministry of LivingWaters Church. The class has a syllabus, and a copy will be available for everyone in the class. If you prefer a digital copy that is available as well. There is also a textbook for the class. It is: The Moody Handbook of Theology by Paul Enns. You are not required to get this book; it is recommended for your benefit as an excellent source for information now and in the future.
- Amazon link for the book to purchase new or used: https://www.amazon.com/Moody-Handbook-Theology-Paul-Enns/dp/0802411983
- Abe Books has used copies for less: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?kn=moody%20handbook%20of%20theology&sts=t&cm_sp=SearchF-_-TopNavISS-_-Results&ds=20