How are the dead raised?
1 Corinthians 15:35-58
“Raised imperishable … in glory … in power”
Sowing Spiritual Bodies … (15:35-41)
Three Transformations – raised in Victory
1. Raised Imperishable (15:42) ~ “The body is perishable”
- In Adam, we are mortal and perish in our sin.
- In Christ, we are immortal raised imperishable!
2. Raised in Glory (15:43) ~ “Sown in dishonor”
- In Adam, we are clothed in dishonor and dust.
- In Christ, we are clothed in righteousness raised in glory!
3. Raised in Power (15:43) ~ “Sown in weakness”
- In Adam, we are weak and powerless.
- In Christ, we are strong overcomers raised in power!
… in the likeness of Jesus (15:44-58)